Thursday3Some: Baby It's Cold Outside by E. Ayers

On this cold January morning, I'm having coffee with my Authors of Main Street buddy, E. Ayers.

About E. Ayers

E. Ayers is a multi-published and best-selling author of western and contemporary romances. Her books are never too sweet or too hot. She writes down the middle. She says: "I love a good book and I believe in true love. Combining a life and true love seems simple, but it's not. Within the industry, it's called slice of life. I write about the romantic slice and with it comes everything else that life throws our way."

Find E. Ayers Online

Website * Blog * Authors of Main Street Blog * Newsletter Signup * Twitter

About Baby, It's Cold Outside

Three wonderfully wintry tales of true love: A Cowboy's Holiday, Christmas at Mariner's Cove, and The Charity Auction.

A Cowboy's Holiday: With no plans for the holidays, Hannah joins her friend Jeremy for Christmas at his family's ranch. More than snow is falling as two friends discover romance between the snowflakes.

Christmas at Mariner's Cove: It was just a little fib. Celine Colburn wasn't expecting Prince Charming because that was the stuff of fairy tales. But when she met Frank Cresson, she found herself instantly drawn to him. Just as they were getting to know each other, she becomes a witness to a horrendous motorcycle accident that leaves him unconscious. And lies have a way of growing.

The Charity Auction: Elke prepares herself for a disappointing night after getting conned into being part of a holiday fundraiser until Jeremy’s bid proves to her that good girls sometimes do finish first.


1. When did you write Baby It's Cold Outside?

I did it over several years. I had characters that just poked and prodded me to do something with them. The Charity Auction was actually a mistake. Several years ago, I was asked to be part of an anthology, but our stories had to be under a certain word count. Well…no one will ever accuse me of being a person of few words. Deep into that story, I realized I was going to be way over the word count. So I finished it and tossed it to one side and wrote another for the anthology. Too small to be a book of its own, it's collected cyber dust, except for the few times I've taken it out and dusted it off for some competition. It's won all sorts of kudos.

2. What was the spark that gave you the story idea?

A Cowboy's Holiday is a combination of sparks. Jeremy is one of the minor characters who run through my contemporary westerns. He's been that good teen with his sights on becoming a veterinarian. The kind of guy every mother wants her son to be and every young woman wants to date. Jeremy wanted his own story so he poked me.

I grew up where snow was normal. The day I got my driver's license there were several inches on the ground and flurries in the air. But driving through blizzard conditions is different. It's happened to me twice. The first time I was the driver and the second time my husband was driving. These are not hard snows but extremely dangerous storms. I wanted to push Jeremy to the max emotionally and really challenge this young man who has always been that fun loving, easy-going kind of guy.

3. Why do readers buy Baby It's Cold Outside?

It's so new that I'm going to have to take a guess and say at this point it's because they've read my other books. But there's something for almost every taste in contemporary romance. The Charity Auction is big city, A Cowboy's Holiday is a western, and Christmas at Mariner's Cove is a small New England cove town. I think certain settings appeal to all of us, but identifiable characters are what keep us reading.

Add Baby It's Cold Outside to your Library

The collection is currently available at Amazon Kindle International. It's also a Kindle Unlimited so you can read for free if you're a subscriber. A print edition will be available soon.

Takeaway Truth

Yes, it's cold outside so snuggle under the covers with this collection from E. Ayers.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Joan, for inviting me. This book was actually a Christmas surprise from my manager. I'd sent her a half dozen short stories and asked if we could do anything with them. She bundled my wintry tales into one book.
    :-)
    Now that was a real Christmas surprise!
    And next month, I'll release another historical western. 2015 was a crazy year. I've promised myself not to repeat that hectic schedule in 2016. So I'm raising my cup of coffee to Joan and all of her readers - here's to a wonderful and enjoyable 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting to marry three of your stories into one bundle. My husband actually read Christmas at Mariner's Cove before I did! He loved the story! When he kept telling me about the characters, and what they were up to, I knew I'd have to read the book before he ruined it for me. :)I can't wait to read the other two stories. Congratulations on all your books.

      Delete
    2. E., you keep such crazy hours--now I see why! You write all the time. That was a lovely surprise indeed. Good luck with your collection, and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too!

      Delete
  2. I love that cover! We haven't had much snow this year and I have to admit I've kind of missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I love snow, but I no longer want to shovel it! And since I don't have snow fairies or even a hunky guy to remove it, I don't dare move to where we might get more snow. So I'll look at beautiful photos and remember fondly growing up in an area that often saw snow from Nov to Mar.
      :-)

      Delete
    2. Hey, Liz! Snow? I once lived in South Dakota for a year. I saw enough snow to last me a lifetime! I'll take our mostly cold-free winters here in Houston any day. *LOL*

      Delete