iPhone Birthday

Take the Pledge: Don't Text & Drive
Can you believe it was only 9 years ago that Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone? It seems as if the iPhone has been around a lot longer than that, doesn't it?

I remember my first cell phone. It was the Motorola that looked like a brick. It was heavy and awkward to cart around in my purse, but I was thrilled to be able to make phone calls while traveling alone. The level of comfort it gave me--knowing I had a way to call for help if my car broke down or something else happened--was immense.

I've never been without a cell phone ever since, but I'm not one who has it glued to my ear. I think it's such a shame when you see people dining, and each person is on a cell phone--talking or texting. Even the children are fiddling with cell phones.

Takeaway Truth

Remember, cell phones are a convenience. Don't let them become an obstacle to developing relationships. Above all, never text and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment