Glenn Frey: Soundtrack of My Life

Please enjoy True Love, one of my favorite Glenn Frey songs while you read this. (The player is embedded below the picture. Let it play while you read this.)

Our younger daughter called late Monday night. She asked, "Is Dad with you?"

I said, "Yes, we're sitting together and watching TV."

"So you're both sitting down?"

Uh oh. I thought. What happened? "Yes," I replied. (Continued below player.)

(Photo: "Glenn Frey" by Steve Alexander-originally posted to Flickr as Glenn Frey. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Commons)


She started crying. "Mike and I just heard on CNN that Glenn Frey died."

I understood her tears because I felt the sudden sting of tears too. In an instant, we experienced one of those life moments where time seems to slow--where you'll always remember what you were doing when you heard the news.

You see, my husband and I raised all our kids with the music we both loved playing in the background. That meant The Eagles and the members of the group that we'd followed all of our lives. We knew Glenn Frey from his Linda Ronstadt days. True Love is one of my favorite songs because it chronicles the love my husband and I have for each other.

Our kids share our appreciation for the talent and music of Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Joe Walsh--individually and as The Eagles.

I could not go to bed tonight without saying, "Thanks, Glenn, for being part of the soundtrack of our lives. You left us with a legacy of wonderful music. You'll be missed, not just by your family who loved you, but by the legions of fans you touched with your music.

Takeaway Truth

Rest in peace.

2 comments:

  1. A nice tribute, Joan. Celebrating going on in rock and roll heaven lately, but there sure are some quiet and lonely spots in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true. I was also saddened to hear that the fabulous Alan Rickman passed.

      Delete