Take 5 With Author Lily Bishop

Lily Bishop, one of my author friends, has a new release to tell you about.

About Lily Bishop

On the personal side, Lily was born near Athens, Georgia. She attended the University of Georgia,  and received a Bachelor's in English, and then enrolled in the MFA program in Creative Writing at Purdue University. After a year, she left the program and moved to Atlanta. Later Lily received her Master's in Public Administration. She works full-time as a database administrator for a university.

Lily makes her home in the Upstate of South Carolina. She is married to her best friend, and they have two children. When she is not writing, she and her family are playing German or Euro-style board games.

Lily writes contemporary romance and romantic suspense. Her goal is to blur the lines between romance, chick lit, and women's fiction. Her books are peppered with family members who make things complicated and couples who can't seem to find a way to be together. Lily writes with a Southern flair, but her characters find themselves in exotic locations and dangerous situations. She loves to hear from her readers.

Find Lily Bishop Online

Website * Facebook * Twitter

Now, Take 5 With Lily Bishop

1. What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to food and drink?

I love Mexican-style food, but I especially love nachos. I could eat nachos every day. What goes better with nachos than a margarita or a good pitcher of sangria?

2. What's your guilty pleasure when it comes to books?

The romance genre is known for its tropes, or basic story-lines. I love the kidnapped heroine trope. I would buy and read them all day. They have gotten harder to find, since it’s not the politically correct story right now.

3. What's the best review you ever received?

A new reader recently commented on For the Win, my third book:

I fell into reading the first book of the City Lights book series and I'm so very happy I did! It is a wonderful series and love love all the main characters in these series from Fox and Laura, Lee and Elizabeth to Ric and Lindsay. All of them are wonderful and I'm looking forward to continuing to read about them and other characters! Thank you so much Lily!

She used her name. I don’t know her, but I saw that she reviewed all four of my books as soon as she read them. The reviews popped up one after the other. I was honored and touched that she fell in love with these characters – because I love them. It’s like when someone tells you that your child did an amazing thing. I just wanted to grab her and hug her. That’s frowned upon in literary circles, so I will settle for giving her a virtual thank you here.

4. Do you listen to music during any of the phases of writing a book? If you do, what kind of music?

Mostly I write to the tune of the television, but sometimes I listen to music to block out other sounds. I like Pandora music, and I have stations set up around the Indigo Girls, eighties country, and nineties country.

5. What would you change about your career path if you could wave a magic wand?

I’m happy in the job that I have now, but if I could wave a magic wand, I would work fewer hours at my day job and write more. I’m not sure I would want to write full-time, since I need that interaction with other people to fuel my stories.

About Breaking Even (City Lights Book 4)

Everyone wants to be a winner. Nobody wants to be a loser. But for Lindsey Todd, all she wants is to break even and get back to the real world, focusing on graduate school in South Carolina. However, with her heart still in Caribbean with the sexy Ric Salzana, Lindsey's mind is miles away.

When Ric Salzana realizes that old enemies have resurfaced and that Lindsey is in danger, he'll do anything to save her--even if it means jeopardizing everything they've worked so hard to build. Can Ric keep Lindsey safe before all the cards start crumbing down or is their downfall just the bad luck of the draw?

Add Breaking Even to Your Library

Amazon Kindle

By the way, you might prefer to start at the beginning of the series with No Strings Attached which is on sale in September for only 99 cents at all retailers.

Takeaway Truth

Discover a new author today! Try Lily Bishop and her City Lights romances.

2 comments: