Daylight Savings Time Chuckles

Ah, yes, it's that time of year when we spring forward 1 hour and end up confused for a month as to what time it really is.

Love It? Hate It?

From the time Ben Franklin came up with the concept of Daylight Savings Time, it has been a touchy subject. David Prerau has written a book about it that you might find interesting: Seize the Daylight: The Curious and Contentious Story of Daylight Saving Time.

As for me, I wish they'd leave it one way or the other. It takes me about a month to get my sleep pattern back to normal. Since I'm a bit of an insomniac anyway, I'm toast within a few days of changing to DST.

Daylight Savings Time Chuckles

If you are already running late--missed church or that brunch date--here are a few chuckles for you. Better to laugh than get bent out of shape.

"I don't mind going back to daylight saving time. With inflation, the hour will be the only thing I've saved all year." ~Victor Borge

"You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe “Daylight Saving Time." ~Dave Barry

"At the back of the Daylight Saving scheme I detect the bony, blue-fingered hand of Puritanism, eager to push people into bed earlier, and get them up earlier, to make them healthy, wealthy and wise in spite of themselves." ~Robertson Davies

"Daylight Saving Time: Only the government would believe that you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket." ~Anonymous

Takeaway Truth

Bottom line? We can't do anything about it so I guess we just deal with it and muddle along until our body clocks have adjusted. That should happen some time in the fall when Daylight Savings Time ends.

2 comments:

  1. I hate DST. I wish the government would put it to a vote and see just how much the people love or hate it. If they did that, and I lost, I probably wouldn't grumble as much. But I doubt I'd lose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't like it
    subscribe to WordPlay

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete