Still Living Happily Ever After

Tomorrow, drop by SlingWords and visit with 12 Authors who are sharing Memories of a Christmas Past that holds great importance for each of them.

Today...

I'm out of the office. My darling husband and I took a couple of days to go to our house in the country and celebrate our wedding anniversary.

Thirty-seven years ago in one of the biggest dust storms ever, my darling husband and I were married in a quiet ceremony.

No beautiful white wedding gown and tuxedos and bridesmaids and groomsmen. No rehearsal dinner, no decorated church, no music, no reception. No extravagant honeymoon.

All we had was our love. That's all we ever needed.

Takeaway Truth

That's still all we need to live happily ever after.

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary. I hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shelley. It was lovely. Larry grilled so I didn't have to cook since I'm trying to finish a manuscript. We celebrated with a bottle of a very nice Prosecco. Would love to have stayed away but too many things to do.

      Delete