Christmas Anticipation

Anticipation fills children and adults with Christmas mere days away. Children are eagerly anticipating the visit from Old Saint Nick; adults are looking forward to being surrounded by family and friends.

Here on SlingWords, I'm also filled with anticipation. I'm on Anna Kathryn Lanier's blog tomorrow, talking about Christmas and Pink Stuff, the yummy dessert my mom always served. Visit me on Anna's blog for the recipe.

Tuesday, December 23, the second of my special Christmas Events goes live: 12 Authors Celebrate Christmas Present . Drop by and leave a comment with your email address to win free books.

Mark your calendars for December 30, the eve of New Year's Eve for my last author event of the year: 12 Authors Reflect on Christmas Yet To Come.

Roger Rosenblatt had something interesting to say about anticipation. "Why, for example, do the great writers use anticipation instead of surprise? Because surprise is merely an instrument of the unusual, whereas anticipation of a consequence enlarges our understanding of what is happening."

Takeaway Truth

I hope to see you at both author events. Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment