Meet Author & Photographer Mickie Sherwood

Mickie Sherwood, author and a novice photographer, dropped by SlingWords this morning.

Meet Mickie Sherwood

Mickie, author of Cherished Moments, uses her backyard as the backdrop for her inspiration, Mickie loves taking pictures of nature. Her love of photography incites her creativity for writing. Spending time with her family and cruise vacations, also stokes her imagination. With all of her interests combined, fascinating characters and intriguing circumstances can develop.

Mickie also enjoys a good laugh. Revel in the humorous stories she shares about life, at her blog, Mickie's Mutterings.

Find Mickie Sherwood Online

Blog, Mickie's Mutterings: http://www.mickiesherwood.com/blog
Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/MickieSherwood
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/MickieSherwood
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/Louisiana_Lady
Blog, Blurbs in Bloom: http://www.blurbsinbloom.com

Mickie Sherwood and the Dirty Dozen
In which genre do you write and why that particular genre?

My chosen genre is mainstream contemporary romance. I love this genre because I love sappy romantic stories.

What's your most recent book and what's it about?

My newest novel is a sweet romantic suspense entitled Cherished Moments. Senator Jordan Dupré is reluctant to revisit her past. That thought crumbles at the sight of Deacon Burke. His commanding presence and charming smile transports her back to her youth. Back then, she kissed, loved, lied, and left him—taking a life-changing secret with her.

Scorned by Jordan’s dishonesty, Deke swears he never wants to see her lying face again. However, his heart knows better, and he never stops thinking of her. When Jordan’s husband is killed, Deke is summoned to the Senator’s aid, by an unlikely source—Unfortunately, he brings a secret of his own.

Will secrets from their past reignite their cherished moments?

As an author, what can readers expect when they read one of your books?

Readers can expect characters with flair. My characters are compassionate people who aren't afraid to show a vulnerable side during challenging circumstances. However, love for each other and the strength of their convictions help them overcome the obstacles in their way.

How did you "become" an author? For instance, was there a moment when you said: "I think I'll write a book."

Exactly, Joan. An avid reader, the characters in novels I select have to appeal to me. I love a touchy-feely romance. Throw in life's chaos and you have the right mix. After enjoying many novels like that, I decided, in 2009, to create my own.

What's the best thing about being an author?

The best thing about being a author is when that idea strikes and my creative juices flow.

What's the worst thing about being an author?

The worst thing about being a writer is when, you probably guessed, an idea strikes but my creative juices seem dried up. What a dilemma.

Do you have editions of your books available other than ebook editions?

Yes, I do. Cutie and the Cowboy Trucker is also available in print.

Do you listen to audio books? If so, what device do you use?

Although that is on my list, I haven't listened to an audio book, yet.

What device do you use to read ebooks?

I prefer my laptop with the 17-inch screen.

If you could give one piece of advice to an aspiring author, what would it be?

It's okay to emulate your favorite authors. But, strive to find your own writing voice.

If you could tell readers one thing, what would it be?

Here's what I would tell readers. If you're like me and love touchy-feely, sweet-to-sensual mainstream romances, then you'll love my novels.

What is your big dream (or goal) as a writer?

I have decided that one of my goals is to get the "Colbert Bump". Are you listening, Stephen Colbert?

Buy Cherished Moments by Mickie Sherwood

All Romance eBooks

Amazon Kindle Edition

Nook Edition
icon

Topaz Publishing

Takeaway Truth

Thanks for the showcase today, Joan. It was a pleasure visiting with you, Mickie. Readers, have you bought your book for the weekend yet? Click a link and grab a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment