Thursday3Some: The Soldier and the Rose by Linda Barrett

I'm happy to shine the Thursday3Some Spotlight on my friend Linda Barrett and her novel, The Soldier and the Rose.

Who Is Linda Barrett

Linda grew up in Queens, New York, and earned her B.A and M.S. at Hunter College. She lived in Massachusetts and Texas before she and her husband relocated to the Tampa, Florida area. Linda’s written over a dozen contemporary romance novels, a women's fiction novel, and a memoir about surviving breast cancer twice. Currently, Linda is working on a new romance series called Sea View House, the first of which will be released this summer.

Find Linda Barrett Online


Website: http://www.linda-barrett.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/linda.barrett

Blurbing The Soldier and the Rose

From the Greatest Generation, a love story to remember…

Two soldiers go off to war in Europe. Only one returns home.

Rose Kaufman’s grief is soul deep. Her husband, Joe, had been her one true love. When Charlie Shapiro shows up with stories of Joe, eager to rebuild his war-shattered life with Rose and her baby daughter, she warns that a marriage of convenience would be unfair to him.

Through the years, Charlie wonders if he’ll always be second best. Who is her true love? The man she married with all her heart, or the man who married her with all of his? It’s a question only Rose can answer.

When did you write The Soldier and the Rose?

I originally wrote The Soldier and the Rose for Harlequin’s Everlasting Love series in 2007. The series folded rather quickly. When the publishing rights returned to me this year, I immediately made the story available electronically and in print. I released it in May 2014. Just last month!

What was the spark that gave you the story idea?

When she was about 85 years old, my mother-in-law handed me a folder of wartime correspondence she’d had with her husband during WWII. She’d retyped all the faded V-mail and letters, truly a labor of love. As I browsed his letters home, my father-in-law’s description of a three-story barn caught my attention. His unit had enjoyed a 24 hour rest. A popular song played on the radio, and his yearning for home transcended all else. He was G.I. Joe, and a story was born.

Why do readers buy The Soldier and the Rose?

The cover is beautiful. In an instant readers can see it’s a tribute to the Greatest Generation… and a wartime love story. A tug at the heart. Hopefully, those readers who’ve read my other books will trust me to do justice to this story as well.

Buy Links for The Soldier and the Rose

Amazon Kindle


Barnes & Noble
icon

Kobo

Takeaway Truth

Readers, if you want a deeply emotional novel, then grab this one quick. Linda is a master of pushing those emotional hot buttons we all have.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say The Soldier and the Rose is one of my all-time favorite romances. I read this book when it came out twice, back to back, because I enjoyed it so much. I've also read it several times since. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Anne Marie. Linda has a way with heartwarming, doesn't she?

      Delete