Getting Attention With Video

I like creating videos. Sometimes these might be book trailers, humorous videos about books and/or writing, or personal videos about family, friends, trips, etc.

(Today's Video Tip: Stupeflix. Information updated today, so if you previously read this post, drop down and read UPDATE NOTE.)

I think videos can be an effective tool for name recognition. Although I don't think a video will sell a book, I do think a video can bring attention to a book or other product.

A case in point is Hit The Beach: Sand, Surf,& 4 Romantic Comedies, the video I created for my 4 romantic comedies I call The Lingerie Covers. (The cover art of each book features elegant lingerie.)

Yesterday, this video was featured on USAToday's Must See Book Trailers. (Scroll down until you see my name and there's a video player there. Click it to start the video.

To my surprise, I saw an uptick in sales on those 4 books in the last 24 hours. Maybe it was coincidence, but it's nice to think it's because that video made some check out my books.

Today's Video Tip: Stupeflix

Stupeflix is very similar to Animoto in that they allow registered users to create video montages using their uploaded images and audio clips. Stupeflix offers a Basic free account and a Pro Account for the very low cost of $39.00 a month. (If you decide to try Pro, you can cancel at any time and revert to Basic.)

UPDATE: In March 2016, the American technology company, GoPro, announced that it was acquiring Stupeflix. Subsequently, in 2018, Stupeflix was closed.


The rest of this post has been deleted since Stupeflix no longer exists.

Takeaway Truth

There are other video hosting services so keep honing your video skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment