Paperwork

This cold I caught is dragging on. Even though I don't feel like it, I tackled the paperwork that has piled up since November when we started moving into the townhouse we were remodeling.

Ugh! My new office is awash in piles of charge slips and receipts, bank statements waiting to be reconciled, bills to pay, etc.

I just finished computing my 4th Quarter Estimated Tax Form so that's a load off my weary mind. (Deadline is Jan. 15 so get yours in the mail.)

Of course, after figuring that out, I'm reminded of what Lewis Carroll said about the business of writing: "I don't want to take up literature in a money-making spirit, or be very anxious about making large profits, but selling it at a loss is another thing altogether, and an amusement I cannot well afford."

Takeaway Truth

More and more, I think Leo Rosten was spot-on when he said: "The only reason for being a professional writer is that you can't help it."

No comments:

Post a Comment