Notable Videos This Week

I'm sharing some videos I saw this week because it's Saturday and time to kick back and have some fun. You see, I'm a video junky. I like creating them. See the image at left? That's one of my videos that you'll find on YouTube.

I have 7 videos available, and I intend to create more -- funny videos like the one above as well as book trailers, book reviews, writing tips, and more.

I started producing videos because I love watching them. Who needs TV when there's YouTube and Vimeo, etc.? Here are a few videos I saw this week that are worth viewing.

Jane Austen's Mafia

Short, succinct, and funny -- this one sneaks up on you and whacks you in the funny bone. It hasn't had many views, but I think it's worth passing around.

Fly Through 17th Century London

Visually and audibly appealing, this video was an entry in the Off the Map competition, a student competition involving the British Library, the technology of Crytek’s CryENGINE® and the cultural platform of GameCity. Entry was by invitation only to a select group of undergraduate students. Teams of students in the UK were invited "to be inspired by a specially curated set of maps, each one hand-picked for the Off the Map challenge by experts at the British Library." The participants were asked to surprise and challenge viewers and to take them somewhere new -- somewhere off the map.

Strange Tudor Laws

Horrible Histories took on the Tudors and some of the weird laws passed under Elizabeth I. Ah, funny, but true.

Wolverine Gets Fired

Okay, this one is just plain funny. An assessment of the practicality of Wolverine's "gifts."

Revenge of the Bridesmaids

If you've got an hour or so and want to see a funny movie, check out Revenge of the Bridesmaids. If you've ever been trapped in an ugly bridesmaid dress, you'll appreciate this movie. The opening scene is hysterical! If you've only got a few minutes, watch the opening booking scene.

Takeaway Truth

One could truthfully say that our culture is a visual one now since so many choose visual content to keep them informed, educated, and entertained. What do you think about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment