Meet Main Street Author Mona Risk

Today, I'm featuring another of the Authors of Main Street who have a box set, Christmas on Main Street, available for the holidays, at a bargain price that won't wreck your budget.

Today's spotlight is shining on talented Contemporary Romance author Mona Risk and her book in the box set, Christmas Wedding Muddle. With a Mona Risk novel, you get to go: "Around the world through stories that simmer with emotion and sizzle with passion."

Good morning, Mona! Welcome to SlingWords. Please tell us more about your book.

Christmas Wedding Muddle

The perfect fiancé is a cheater and the fabulous Christmas wedding is off. When a desperate Julia enters Tony's mother's travel agency, the dedicated psychiatrist is there to pick up the pieces. Sparks fly between them, and Tony is willing to put his life on hold for Julia. Nothing goes according to plan, but the would-be honeymoon cruise may fulfill their secret dreams.

Joan: What inspired you to write this particular holiday story?

Mona: We were cruising in the North Atlantic toward Iceland, and I got sick, I mean really sick with bronchitis from day one. Luckily, I’d brought the right medicines with me, and I was determined to have a good time and relax. Since I couldn’t brave the cold wind and low temperatures, I spent a lot of time indoors and visited the beautiful ship thoroughly. The idea of setting a romance story on a ship started while I strolled through the long corridors and climbed to the various decks. I wrote the whole first draft during the cruise. It was ideal for research.

Joan: What is your favorite holiday memory?

Mona: When my children were growing up, we had wonderful Christmas reunions at my parents’ house. My mother cooked and baked for two weeks for no less than fifty people, children and grandchildren, sisters, brothers, in-laws, and a few good friends. My parents’ house was not big, but cozy and warm and so full of love and laughter. The children played and sledded on the snowy hill behind the backyard. The adults played cards and cracked jokes. Oh yes it was a beautiful time that I try to reproduce now for my children and grandchildren.

Joan: Just about everyone has a holiday horror story. What's the worst Christmas you ever spent?

Mona: The Christmas after my father’s death. He died in November, and he had already planned to have the same celebration. He didn’t make it. But the whole family wanted to be with my mother. She was still wearing her black mourning clothes and spent the whole time crying and remembering. We did our best to cheer her up, but we knew it would never be the same as before.

Joan: What's the title of your next individual book?

Mona: An Unusual Christmas. The story is set in Belarus where I used to travel for business to refurbish laboratories in a different life.

Visit Mona Online

Mona invites you to check out her other Christmas books, including a box set:

Her Christmas Cruise

An Unusual Christmas

Christmas Here And There (Box Set of 3 Christmas Books)

Takeaway Truth

Stretch your holiday budget. Buy Christmas on Main Street and receive 11 romances ranging from sweet to spicy at a bargain price.

9 comments:

  1. Thank you Joan for inviting me to you blog. Being a part of the fabulous boxed set, CHRISTMAS ON MAIN STREET, was a fantastic experience. I got to know better and appreciate the wonderful authors contributing to the boxed set of Christmas stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm sorry to hear you were so ill on your cruise, but what a great background for a story. Best wishes with your new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sherry. Thanks for dropping by. Mona's cruise illness sounds like my Italy vacation where I had bronchitis so bad I thought I was going to die there.

      Delete
  3. Mona, what a way to see the silver lining. A cruise doesn't sound like much fun when one is sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Jill. Thanks for visiting. I've found Mona is very good at finding silver linings. *g*

      Delete
  4. LOL. I don't think I'll ever go back to this icy place. I saw icebergs and they told us, "The Titanic sank right here!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you were sick on your cruise, but what a way to grab the muse for your next novel. Way to go! Can't wait to read.

    ReplyDelete