The 2013 Emily Contest, sponsored by West Houston Romance Writers of America, opened for submissions September 1, 2012.
Due to the popularity of this well-known writing competition, and to the high volume of entries, the contest closes at midnight, September 30, 2012, so don't delay!
For more information and to enter. Visit West Houston RWA/Emily or Email: emily.contest at whrwa.com.
* All Electronic ~ Fee: $30 (WHRWA members $20)
* No synopsis ~ maximum of 7,000 words
* Three first-round judges ~ lowest score dropped
* Open to published authors (not published in category for three years)
* Multiple entries allowed
* Entries capped at the first 240 entries received
This is what gives this contest such credibility and makes it respected by publishing professionals and authors.
Final Round Judges:
Contemporary Single Title:
* Agent ~ Stephany Evans, FinePrint Literary Management
* Editor ~ Katherine Pelz, The Berkley Publishing Group
* Agent ~ Scott Eagan, Greyhaus Literary Agency
* Editor ~ Susan Litman, Harlequin Enterprises
* Agent ~ Roberta Brown, Brown Literary Agency
* Editor ~ Chelsey Emmelhainz, Editorial Asst. Avon Harper Collins
Fantasy, Futuristic, and Paranormal:
* Agent ~ Laura Bradford, Bradford Literary Agency
* Editor ~ Jennifer Lawler, Crimson Romance /Adams Media
* Agent ~ Jessica Alvarez, Bookends, LLC
* Editor ~ Leah Hultenschmidt, Sourcebooks
Novel with Elements of Romance (including Women's Fiction):
* Agent ~ Suzie Townsend, Nancy Coffee Literary & Media Rep
* Editor ~ Deb Werksman, Sourcebooks
* Agent ~ Karen Solem, Spencerhill Literary
* Editor ~ Patience Bloom, Harlequin Enterprises
* Agent ~ Pam van Hylckama Vlieg, Larsen Pomoda Literary Agents
* Editor ~ Aubrey Poole, Associate Editor, Sourcebooks
Best of the Best:
* Overall contest winner receives a cash prize of $100
* Judge ~ Karla Hodde, Katy Budget Books
Someone must win. Maybe it will be you. Don't delay. Enter soon!