Time or The Lack Thereof

All summer, my complaints -- silent and those I express aloud -- have all had a recurring theme: lack of time.

I just don't seem to have enough time to do all the things I want to do and need to do. Of course, that probably means either that I'm attempting to do too many things or I'm not managing my time well. Probably a little of both.

Motivational speaker Zig Ziglar said, "Lack of direction, not lack of time, is the problem. We all have twenty-four hour days."

Have you ever taken a day planner or a piece of paper and divided it up into 24 segments then notated everything you did in every hour of the day? That's eye opening.

When I find myself complaining about lack of time, I do this and realize that failure to use my time effectively -- or lack of focus -- is my real problem.

Takeaway Truth

If you're having a problem accomplishing tasks, try analyzing your 24-hour day. That might help you get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment