Monday Musings: 3 Dumb Questions

Why is it that when you're really goal-focused and trying to get a project completed, that you make stupid mistakes?

I left my computer glasses at my weekend home. Of course, since this was Easter weekend with lots of company, I didn't have a chance to get to the computer until this morning. After a fruitless hour of searching for my special glasses (I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other one according to my darling husband.), I was forced to conclude I left my glasses at the other house. That's going to make this week even more difficult!

Why is it that when you're totally bogged down in work that's when the best weather occurs?

Yep. Mother Nature is calling my name. I look outside, and it's beautiful. All my roses are blooming which makes me want to garden. The temperature is perfect--slightly cool with a hint of spring warmth. The sky is robin's egg blue, and everything screams spring.

Where am I? Trapped inside, staring at the fuzzy words on the monitor screen while I try to finish this next book that seems endless.

Why is it that when you have half a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs lying on the kitchen counter that you just can't make yourself throw them away?

I know I shouldn't eat them. I know I'll hate myself after eating just one. I know I should throw them away since none of the neighbors have small children to whom I can give them. I know I shouldn't even be thinking about them because the rationalizations for eating just one are filling my brain with lies.

I'm reminded of what I heard Joel Osteen say once about looking at the chocolate chip cookies and saying: "Get thee behind me, Satan."

Answers

1. Continue to persist even it means seeing everything on the monitor as if viewed through the bottom of a vintage Coca Cola bottle.

2. Promise myself an hour of sitting on the patio if I finish early.

3. Stick the candy in the freezer until it gets freezer burn and is so yucky I'm not tempted. Then throw it away.

Takeaway Truth

Are you beset by Monday problems? The only real solution is to quit procrastinating on the work, suck it up, and get moving!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan,

    I totally know what you mean about the weather. I want to work but when it's lovely outside it kind of makes me depressed sitting inside.

    ReplyDelete