Quotations Give Good Thoughts

Winston Churchill, Roving Commission: My Early Life, 1930, wrote: "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.... The quotations when engraved upon the memory give you good thoughts. They also make you anxious to read the authors and look for more.

On June 30, I published my 5th ebook, Written Wisdom. This ebook is available on Kindle, Nook, Smashwords, and all the other outlets, and they're the best of the quotation-inspired essays I wrote from 2005-2010.

Best Of SlingWords

Written Wisdom, the book, is the first of "A Best of SlingWords Collection" ebooks and contains 86 quotation-inspired essays. Since many essays contain more than one quotation, and with the addition of her usual Quotation Collection as a Bonus Feature, there are many more than 150 quotations in all.

Wisdom in my country is usually the same as wisdom in other countries. From centuries ago to present day, wise words still give us insight and can sometimes provide a respite from the storms of life with a much-needed laugh to brighten our day.

Why

Why do I post these quotations and essays every week? Because I think a good quotation is thought-provoking. A succinct aphorism punches up content. I have to admit that I also find what famous people--mostly authors--say can be profound and often quite amusing and ironic.

Designed to deliver a dollop of wisdom and wit about persistence, inspiration, overcoming challenges, and goal achievement as well as insights about writing, reading, books, authors, and Life, Written Wisdom may give you that bit of support or encouragement you need to keep going. Sometimes, it may help you accept that a situation "is what it is."

Takeaway Truth

Call them quotations, aphorisms, proverbs, or what have you, they're universally accepted bits of wisdom that know no cultural or national boundaries, and I spotlight them here each week on SlingWords.

No comments:

Post a Comment