A lot of authors and regular business people are using videos to promote a name, product, or company. If you're doing this, you've probably already uploaded a video to YouTube and other public websites that host video clips.
My daughter has made a few videos, and I've asked her to help me produce one. Since I will eventually do this, I researched ways to expose one's video to the world. Here are some thoughts on the subject.
Spread Link Around
1. Place a link or clip on your personal social networking page.
2. Place a link or clip on your website and your blog.
3. Place a link in your signature file for emails.
4. Place a link in your signature for groups and forums to which you belong.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what’s a video worth? If you’ve made hard copies of your video, don’t hesitate to pass them out. A jewel case of blanks is cheap. Here are some places to send the DVD/CD.
1. Include a disc in your press kit.
2. If you’re donating items to a conference, include discs of your video.
3. If you’re pitching yourself as a speaker, include a disc to the person who books engagements.
4. If you’re doing a personal appearance (speech, workshop, book signing, etc.) bring some discs to pass out.
Try these new promotional tools and see if they work for you.