Away From Work

A-traveling I go, a-traveling I go, high ho, the dairy-oh, a-traveling I go.

I'm still away from the office which reminds me of what American sociologist Charles Horton Cooley said: "To get away from one's working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one's self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change."

My Environment

My work environment is built around technology. Though I have my laptop with me, I have no internet access thus no email. I find this a curious situation since I so rarely am without technology. Even when I'm in our Hill Country house, I have internet access. However, I am enjoying the quiet here on the farm. Actually, I think what I'm enjoying is not having to prepare meals, do laundry, and cope with daily housework.


Takeaway Truth

I'm away from my environment, but I don't believe I've gotten away from my self. If anything, I've merely gotten away from the daily humdrum domestic chores, but that's enough to declare this vacation a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment