I had a good question in Comments about last week's post on XinXii, the European digital publishing platform.
Indie author Beth Orsoff, author of Romantically Challenged, asked: "One question for you (if you know the answer), for those self-publishing through Amazon, doesn't Amazon already sell our books internationally in English?"
I fielded the question in my Blog's Comments, but then I went straight to Dr. Andrea Schober, CEO of XinXii, and posed the question to her.
My Answer: XinXii vs. Amazon
XinXii is part of an established German publishing company. They know how to connect with European readers looking for English language publications, perhaps better than Amazon. If an author has a profile page on XinXii, it's disseminated worldwide whereas on Amazon, if an author wants a profile page elsewhere, i. e., Amazon UK, a new author page has to be set up on the UK system, and then you must customize it as you did for U. S. Amazon page.
Dr. Schober's Answer
"Of course, Amazon is a giant that entered the self-publishing market recently."
In Germany and in Europe, "Amazon's role for eBooks and/or indie authors is still small, particularly because (with the exception of Amazon UK), they haven't started selling the kindle e-reader in Europe until now.
"Also, Amazon offers an English-spoken platform with US$ and British Pounds only. XinXii is open to readers and selling authors with other currencies.
"Besides your arguments (which are correct), some of the other reasons to choose XinXii for your European book sales are:
• usability and ease-of-use – you don't have to install a program to publish on XinXii
• publishing in real-time – immediately after its upload, your eBook is available on XinXii.com (you don't have to wait 24 hours or longer)
• ability to modify, change or update any entry in real-time – again it's immediate, no long wait for the new version to be available
• every author has his or her own profile page, and it's disseminated worldwide
• fair and clear revenue model – our shares don't vary by country or territory
• authors get paid via PayPal in the currency of his or her choice
• XinXii is absolutely free – no hidden costs like Delivery Fees or List Price Requirements
• direct and personal support via Email – We care about our users."
XinXii Authors Speak
Starting next week, I'll be introducing you to some XinXii authors, such as:
• Philip Anthony, author of the #8 thriller on XinXii, Desert Heat
• Joel Blaine Kirkpatrick, author of The Search for the Origins of a Soul
• Linda Mooney, author of the romance The Battle Lord’s Lady (Book 1 of the Battle Lord Saga)
• Cynthia Wicklund, author of the regency historical romance In the Garden of Temptation.
Since I finally got my first ebook Just One Look uploaded to Kindle, I'm now uploading it to XinXii and other digital publishing platforms.