Hard Work

I've been working hard lately -- harder than usual -- because I've got a plan I'm implementing this year. Of course, it follows that hard work is on my mind.

Today, I've got a selection for you of my favorite quotes about hard work. I hope they'll inspire you or at least comfort you if you're tired from hard work of your own.


Basketball great Larry Bird said: "I've got a theory that if you give 100 percent all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."

Anonymous (This guy really gets around, doesn't he?): "All the so-called secrets of success will not work unless you do."

President Thomas Jefferson said: "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."

The articulate George Bernard Shaw wrote: "When I was young, I observed that nine out of ten things I did were failures. So I did ten times more work."

Gloria Pitzer, the Recipe Detective, said: "About the only thing that comes to us without effort is old age."

Charles Lazarus, founder of Toys R Us, said: "Hard work is the key to success, so work diligently on any project you undertake. If you truly want to be successful, be prepared to give up your leisure time and work past 5 PM and on weekends. Also, have faith in yourself. If you come up with a new idea that you believe in, don't allow other people to discourage you from pursuing it."

Takeaway Truth

Work hard. Play hard. Know when to do each.

2 comments:

  1. Some great pointers. Thanks for sharing.

    I'm afraid this quote, has two sides, I feel it, every step of the way, but I know what you mean:
    Gloria Pitzer, the Recipe Detective, said: "About the only thing that comes to us without effort is old age."

    ReplyDelete
  2. *g* Too true, Jacqueline!

    I have to admit after cleaning house yesterday, I really feel the "old age" situation is dogging me. I even made a pineapple upside down cake much to my husband's delight.

    I'd much rather work hard at writing than working hard at anything in the domestic realm. In fact, I created a design for a chef's apron that says something to that effect. *LOL*

    Happy Sunday!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete