Football on Super Bowl Sunday

Since today is the BIG game, I'm giving you a selection of quotations from some of the games' greatest players and coaches.

Joe Namath, New York Jets

"Football is an honest game. It's true to life. It's a game about sharing. Football is a team game. So is life."

Merlin Olsen, Los Angeles Rams

"Football linemen are motivated by a more complicated, self-determining series of factors than the simple fear of humiliation in the public gaze, which is the emotion that galvanizes the backs and receivers."

Dick Butkus, Chicago Bears

"When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something."

Frank Gifford, New York Giants

"Pro football is like nuclear warfare. There are no winners, only survivors."

Roger Staubach, Dallas Cowboys

"Nothing good comes in life or athletics unless a lot of hard work has preceded the effort. Only temporary success is achieved by taking short cuts."

Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers

“I may be dumb, but I'm not stupid.”

Archie Manning, New Orleans Saints

"I never intended to stay in New Orleans, ... [But] along the way, New Orleans was really good to me. We were the only pro team in town. We weren't too good, but the fans were passionate about the Saints and extremely good to me and my family."

Coach Vince Lombardi, Green Bay Packers

"The Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price."

Coach Tom Landry, Dallas Cowboys

"Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable."

Coach Don Shula, Miami Dolphins

I don't know any other way to lead but by example.”

Coach Bum Phillips, Houston Oilers

"Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half."

Takeaway Truth

Let's go have some fun. Enjoy the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment