EZ Ways To Promote
1. Befriend Amazon. Every time you order a book or anything at all from them, write a review and post it on the Amazon webpage for that item.
2. Spread your URLs around. Add to your signature on your emails and forums, but make sure you follow the rules. Also add your URLs to print media from business cards to stickers you place on every envelope you mail.
3. Start slow, get comfortable, pick up the pace. If you’re shy or new to self-promotion, start slow so you can get comfortable with the concept and the practice. Pick 1 thing and begin. That might be commenting in an online list or forum. Read what others say and add a comment if you have something germane to the discussion. It's like a cocktail party so get your chit chat on. When you're comfortable doing that, add 1 more thing. Don't lose sight of the need to have time to write.
4. Rehearse. Practice talking about your book. Do it in front of the mirror. Do it with your family. Set up a mock TV set in the den and have your kids interview you a la Oprah or Regis/Kelly style. Get comfortable talking about your book and yourself. This will pay off the next time you’re asked, “What do you do?”
5. Write articles and post them for free to some of the credible article sites online. You’ll have created an account there beforehand so you can write your bio and link to your website or blog, both if it’s allowed. When an article is used, your byline and linkage goes with the article. Be sure and choose an article site that has good content. You don't want to be associated with a site where the content is full of grammar errors or is scraped from other sites.
6. Tour the Internet. Ask your friends to let you guest blog and set up your own blog tour. Take the readers from one blog to the next as you move through the day or the week.
There are many ways to promote that cost nothing monetarily, only a bit of time. When your promotion budget is low or non-existent, online promotion may make a difference.