Binge Reading

Hi! My name is Joan, and . . . I'm a binge reader.

I went to Corpus Christi last weekend. My DH drove, and I read books on my Kindle.One book led to another until I was struck by this thought: I'm a binge reader! Oh, dear. Are you a binge reader too? Unsure? Here's a questionnaire that will help you discover whether you too suffer from this addiction too.

Binge Reader Questionnaire

1. Are you unable to place a bookmark and close a book once you've started reading?

2. When you finish a book, do you immediately start reading another one?

3. In the rare event that you have no other books to read, do you find yourself in an online bookstore and don't know how you got there?

4. Would you rather read than watch TV?

5. Do you sneak a read when you're supposed to be doing something else like laundry, a spreadsheet that's due, or your writing quota for the day?

6. Do you stay up late at night reading when you should be sleeping?

7. Do you have stacks of books to read but you can't resist buying another one?

8. Have you ever made the remark: "I can quit any time I want."

If you answered yes to at least half of these questions, you have a problem. If you answered yes to all of them, you're a binge reader, and you probably have a cluttered home and piles of work awaiting you.

Takeaway Truth

Who cares? There are worse addictions than reading. Look on the bright side. You're well-read. You can converse on many different subjects. Your kids are probably readers too, and that's helped them develop critical thinking skills. And, you're happy. If you're happy, chances are, your family is happy too. Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment