Housework

Quote for the Week

For the last few days, I've been home alone. Egads! With the family gone for a few days, I thought I'd get lots of rest and catch up on my sleep. Instead, I looked around and realized the house needed a really good cleaning. So I tackled everything from the blinds to the floors.

I'm exhausted, but I have a really clean house. I'm looking around with pleasure instead of feeling overwhelmed by the sight of tasks delayed and delayed yet again.

I think Dave Barry had the right take on housework. He said: "The obvious and fair solution to the housework problem is to let men do the housework for, say, the next six thousand years, to even things up. The trouble is that men, over the years, have developed an inflated notion of the importance of everything they do, so that before long they would turn housework into just as much of a charade as business is now. They would hire secretaries and buy computers and fly off to housework conferences in Bermuda, but they'd never clean anything."

Takeaway Truth

If only my clean house would stay that way. Fat chance. Dust is like a zombie. It always comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment