Ah, the myth of the charging cell phone that explodes is making the rounds again. I received it twice this morning in my Inbox so I thought I'd save you the trouble of looking it up on Snopes.
Sure, cell phones can explode. After all, they are an electronic device. Anything using electricity and being charged can explode. I'd be more concerned about the cell phone electromagnetic field causing brain cancer though.
Wonder if this could be a new way to explain the loss of homework? I typed my paper on my cell phone, but it was lost when my phone exploded. Sounds better than the dog ate it, right?
When you get those alarming emails, plug in a keyword search string at Snopes.com before you pass it on.