Twitter Spam

I have a minuscule presence on Twitter because I simply don't have time to keep up with this site. It's a fun idea and posting very short snippets is easy, but following others, no matter how interesting, or collecting followers, no matter how much it flatters the ego, takes time. I'm just really short on time.

Sadly, I'm not alone in the pursuit of extra time. I look at all the resources of the Internet and the fun social network opportunities, and I just feel overwhelmed.

Everyone seems to be advocating Twitter for increased online presence, but in the spare moments of my day, I'd rather walk around my neighborhood and chat with RLPs (Real Live Persons) than cyber chat. I applaud anyone who can do both. I'm just not one of them. My ability to juggle so many tasks seems to lessen with every birthday, as does my desire to do so.

I laughed when I saw that my last few followers are spammers who have caught on to Twitter's marketing clout. Read about it here.

Takeaway Truth

Writers are always told to choose their battles carefully. I think a corollary to this must be to choose your time sucks carefully too.

No comments:

Post a Comment