Serenity Prayer for Writers

Reinhold Niebuhr wrote The Serenity Prayer which was printed on plaques, books, cups, and other items in the 1970's.

A few years ago I took the thought of Niebuhr's Serenity Prayer and created my own serenity prayer just for writers. I usually print it on cards and send to writing friends. This year I'd like to share it with you today. Perhaps this bit of wisdom will help you in 2009 when faced with bumps in your writing road.

A Serenity Prayer for Writers © 2006 by Joan Reeves

God grant me the Serenity to accept rejection of manuscripts over which I've sweated blood and wept tears; the Courage to revise those that might sell; and the Wisdom to know the difference between those that might fetch contracts and those that need to be mourned, buried, and forgotten. Amen

Takeaway Truth

May 2009 be Your year for writing success.

No comments:

Post a Comment