Holiday Gift #5: Give Me Light

I'm a little behind in doing the Holiday Gift suggestion each day. Chalk it up to lots of freelance clients wanting my incomparable prose, lots of holiday visitors, lots of cooking, and lots of eating. (I'm scarfing down some Banana Pudding as I catch up on blogging. My bad.)

New Label: Happy Holidays

So it looks as if these Holiday Gift tips will come at random times instead of once a day. Because of this, I've added a new label, Happy Holidays, so you can find them all together if you're interested.

Today's tip was created because of a repair I was trying to accomplish before our holiday guests arrived. I was trying to insert a screw underneath my desk into the slide out keyboard drawer. Now, I'm pretty handy and ambidextrous, but I can't wield a power drill and a flashlight while lying on the floor under a desk.

Need Light

I abandoned the project until my husband came home to guilt him into taking care of the repair. In the meantime, I surfed Kim Komando's site, a great resource for gadgets and gizmos you won't find at the mall. (She should pay me to blog about her since I'm constantly telling people about her store. Sadly, she does not.) I'd seen this particular item a while back and finally found it again.

Great Gizmo

It's an LED flashlight gizmo that attaches to a power driver. I know I could have used one. I think it will make a great gift - especially for guys who are hard to buy for.

Specs:

1.5" in diameter
tool & LED flashlight
3 strong magnets on back to hold on any metal surface
Shock resistant
LED bulbs last 100,000 hours
on/off switch
Powered by 3 micro alkaline cells, type LR44 included

Price:
$11.95

Takeaway Truth

When you know a good gift idea for the male of the species, pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment