Got Holiday Spirit?

Every year I give holiday gift suggestions on Sling Words. Usually, these are for items that have to be ordered. I realized yesterday, when I was doing some pre-Christmas shopping, that waiting until then isn't practical. Not if you have to order the item. If you're like me, you're shopping more frequently via the Internet.

Coming Attractions

So I'm lining up these gift-giving blog posts to start running a month before Christmas. Yep. You can look for them here and on Joan Slings Words, my new blog, beginning Nov. 24. Every day, I'll have at least one really good suggestion for you.

In the meantime, I found something that won't wait another week. I've got to tell you today. File this under a gift for yourself. And, guess what? It's a very affordable splurge. Holiday frames, that's eyeglass frames, of course, from my favorite online optical shop Zenni Optical.

Red = Upbeat

There's just something about these red frames that shout: "Happy holidays." That's right, I studied all the new frames and just fell in love with these happy-go-lucky red frames. I like their architectural styling, and, of course their spring hinges. That's always a must for me. I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit rough on glasses. They're sized for multi-focal prescriptions - also a must for me and my bad vision.

On the first day of December, you'll see me with my "Christmas Story" tee shirt (the one with Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB gun emblazoned with the phrase, "you'll shoot your eye out") and these jazzy red frames. I'll be wearing my holiday spirit.

Takeaway Truth

Don't be old school and think you need only one pair of glasses. Zenni Optical is so affordable, you can have a wardrobe of glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment