I'm not much of an HTML technical expert, but sometimes I have a need to edit the code on my blog template. The hardest part is finding the line of code that needs to be changed.
Recently, frustrated at my inability to isolate the piece of code, I searched help and found what I needed to know on Blogger-Tricks. In fact, I found 2 techniques.
Here's one way to do it.
1. Know the new bit of code you are to use to replace the old and where it's supposed to go. This information is always given in any template altering instruction.
2. On PC, press CTRL+F, and Find [ ] will appear at the bottom left of your browser.
3. Type all or part of the code you're searching for. The scroll bar will move down to where that code is located, and it will highlight the code.
4. Replace the code with the new or insert it or whatever editing you need to do.
5. When you think you've got it right, click Save template then View Blog to make sure everything is okay.
Since the first way worked for me, I didn't bother with the second technique displayed. However, if this doesn't work for you, visit Blogger-Tricks. The trick came from a January 29, 2007, post: Expandable Post Summary for the New Blogger (formerly beta).
If at first you don't succeed, try finding some instructions to follow.