Great Line From Mystery

The Mystery Lover's Book Of Quotations by Jane Horning has some great lines. I've been reading through it looking for something particular that I'd read in the past. And here it is, I should have known it had been written by Rex Stout for Archie Goodwin to speak.

No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with timetables.

Gosh, I adored Nero Wolfe books. Haven't read one in years. I think I'll have to pull one off the shelf and see if I still find them as pleasurable as I did when I was a kid.

Takeaway Truth

Good books are like old friends. To read them again is to visit with people you find amusing, entertaining, and intelligent.

1 comment:

  1. Nero Wolfe is definitely a favorite. (Although did you ever notice that when Archie dials the phone, he often gives the number and it's never the same from one book to the next, even though he's usually calling Cramer?)

    On a sideways note, I'm reading a book that I swore I must have read before, but I can't remember how it plays out. I just keep getting the feeling that I've seen bits and pieces.

    Memory fades. I could get by with a 3 book library. By the time I finish book 3, I've forgotten book 1 and can enjoy it again.

    ReplyDelete