Natural and unnatural disasters

Seems as if the first two days in March have been disaster laden. The tornado in Alabama and the bus crash in Georgia. My mother was worried yesterday because in her part of Louisiana, they were under tornado watch. I figure that's the same storm system that spawned the twister that hit Alabama, where we also have family.

I hear about tragedies like these, and I think how unpredictable life really is. I guess I'm a bit of a fatalist. If it's your time to go, it's your time. Of course, my husband says it may not be your time but you're hanging out with someone whose number is up so then you're just screwed.

Maybe we should all party like it's 1999 because you just never know when it may be your time.

After all, it's like the quotation by Sydney J. Harris that I included in my website update (almost finished with that!): Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."

I don't want to be cowering in a hallway while a tornado roars overhead and think: "If only I'd had the courage to do _________."

Fill in your own seemingly impossible dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment