Post Mother's Day Thoughts

This would have been Mother's Day thoughts, but we had a mother of all storms in Texas Sunday which knocked out the power until late that night. So, Monday was spent catching up on all kinds of stuff like picking up broken tree branches, etc.

Dorothy Canfield Fisher: "A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary."

Pearl Buck: "Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same, and most mothers kiss and scold together."

Nancy Friday: "When I stopped seeing my mother with the eyes of a child, I started seeing the woman who helped me give birth to myself."

Sam Levinson (needed a man's perspective because he's right!): "Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children."

No comments:

Post a Comment